Monday, January 5, 2009

Walking, yes indeed, I'm walking

Getting a little boost from uncle Aaron

New Year, New Skills.... Grandma bought Max a little lawnmower. He's been doing a lot of standing one hand on the table and less falls, so I thought I'd let him play with the mower. At first he just crawled around and pushed it, playing with the wheels. Soon, though he wanted to use it to stand up, as he does with any and all things. After a few falls, he began getting his balance and started to move his legs(it's not very stationary so he had no choice) After a few more falls, he was walking with it around the house!!!! He hasn't figured out yet that he can walk if he just lets go. He moves all around the house, picks it up turns it around, raises one hand as he walks, cause he's so proud. He's even taken a few steps to get in between furniture without realizing what he's doing. So we think he'll be really walking by his birthday!! He has always had noises . It used to be a piggy noise, then a goat, then a snake. now he's growling. It's super cute. So.. Wednesday is my surgury day, and Andy's Birthday!! I'm getting excited to see him. Little butterflies twirl around in there. It's strange knowing when the baby is coming, and yet nice too. It will be strange not going into labor though. I've been trying to get myself mentally prepared. This week or so has been really hard for me. I am unbelievably exhausted just from the pregnancy and then sleeping is hard because when max is not awake, I am. My hands start going numb and tingly as soon as I lay down, and a couple hours later they are so painful and it lasts all night , then there's the heartburn.. and the charley horses, and the baby kicking...and the constant peeing. I have a real hard time interacting physically with max, It gets worse the bigger I get. It's hard not having that bonding , with me just watching him play from my post on the couch, (cause once I'm on the ground it takes a while to get up and he doesn't stay in one place for very long) he's become a real daddy's boy, perhaps as a result. At least it will end , i feel sorry for mothers who have physical problems like MS etc. My surgery is at 8am I have to be there at the birth center at 6! I must fast the night before.. and then be on a clear liquid diet for 24 hrs. Not looking forward to that.. Here is the number to the birth center: 707 826-8263. The main hospital number is :822-3621 just in case. When you call the birth center just ask for my room, there are only three rooms so they''ll know. Well, wish me good luck and Andy a happy healthy entrance into this world. we have been nursing colds, so it makes me nervous that he's being born during humboldt crud season. Well, I must go get a glass of milk, my heartburn is calling. Next time you check this blog.. you'll see Andy!!!!! love ade

1 comment:

Jessica Furland said...

wow! check out Max! that is so cool, when is his birthday again? I know that Andy's birthday will be a beautiful experience for you and the whole family. I wish so bad I could be there, but I will be there of course in spirit! Love you guys!